Sunday, November 9, 2008

And So It Begins

On Thursday, November 6th, I took my first doses of the new treatment medications. I do not rmember from the first round, but this one hit me hard and fast. I took my shot and pills at 3:45 PM and by 9:30 PM I was running a very high fever and shivering as though cold blood was running through my veins.

Friday morning, I awoke around 4:30AM, soaking wet and very, very ill. I was so muscle-sore I could barely move.

Saturday morning was much better, but I went back to bed and slept the rest of the day. Saturday night, I felt almost human again.

Today has been a mix of tired and nauseated.

The plans for the evening, since Hubby had to go into work on overtime tonight, are to clean the two litterboxes and run the vacuum cleaner. Hopefully, after those things are done, I will still have enough energy to clean up the sink and do some laundry.

And so it begins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Gaye. The road is long but you can walk it again.

Anonymous said...

Amazing that it would induce such a fever. I remember it puzzled me the last year as well - why the body would respond like it's been invaded with a bug?
Time for an update - how are you doing?

Gaye said...

As I mentioned, it seems to hit me hard and fast, but I seem to recover from it more quickly too. By Saturday night, I was feeling really almost human again.